Certain types of occupancies in the Town require an Operating Permit. These fall into two categories, Residential and Non-Residential.
Residential Operating Permits are issued for:
- Multiple Residences with 3 or more units
- Rental Registry – single family homes & single family homes with accessory dwelling units that are rented for 30 plus days
- Short Term Rentals – less than 30 days
- Daycare Center – child &/or adult
- Health Care Facility – more than 10 people sleep
- Manufacturing, storing and handling of hazardous materials (see code section for tables and limits)
- Hazardous processes and activities such as those that produce combustible dust, fruit and crop ripening and waste handling
- Use of pyrotechnic devices in assembly occupancies
- Buildings with areas of public assembly of 100 or more occupants
- Buildings whose use or occupancy classification may pose a substantial potential hazard to public safety, as determined by the Code Enforcement Officer
- Mobile Food Truck Preparation Vehicle
The Code of the Town of Ithaca Chapter 124-8 contains the local law regarding Operating Permits along with information about the required Fire Safety inspections.
To apply for an Operating Permit (or any code enforcement applications), register or Log in to the Viewpoint Cloud system below.