The Town is a progressive and innovative employer that provides employees with opportunities for personal growth, excellent pay and benefits, and the ability for work-live balance.
To be a partner in cultivating a high performing, diverse workforce in a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for employees, their families, departments, and the community.
These services are achieved through a teamwork philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun.
To ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees and to encourage the further creation of a team concept with and among all departments, so that the work of the Town continues to be preformed in a professional and fiscally responsible manner.
To attract and retain engaged, inclusive minded, highly qualified staff that perform at high levels to meet the growing demands of the community.
Human Resources as a business partner provides many services:
- Recruitment of quality staff with a focus on providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
- Retention through promoting individual success and overall value to the organization by providing training and development opportunities.
- Administers payroll, benefits, wellness, policies, and procedures
- Assists in creating a safe and healthy working environment and administers workers’ compensation and commercial risk insurance.
- Liaison to union groups
- Resource to employees, management, and Town Board members.
- Employer of Record for:
- Bolton Point Water System (SCLIWC)
- Greater Tompkins County Municipal Insurance Consortium (GTCMHIC)