An apostille is a County and New York State certified copy of a record.  In our office, the record commonly requested is your marriage transcript or your full marriage license, also called a “long form”.  You will need to obtain a certified copy from the Town Clerk.  This is then taken to the County Clerk’s Office which verifies the Town Clerk’s signature as the signature on file of the Town Clerk.  They attach another document to the certified copy and forward it to New York State, who in turn produces an apostille of the document. These are commonly required by other countries if you are registering your marriage or if you are bringing your spouse to the United States. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us.

Here is a link to the NYS Apostille Form

If you are out of the town or country, we can help facilitate the process and deliver your packet to the County who will forward it to the State.  You can email us for the steps needed, or, go to our Resident Portal and submit an application for an Apostille.  Payment is needed for the County and the State and will need to be sent in separately.

Related Forms

Related Services