Town Clerk

Deputy Town Clerk  Deb DeAugistine
Deputy Town Clerk     Jasmin Cubero
Office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Marriage Licenses: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 

Licenses and Permits

The clerk’s office issues the following New York State licenses and permits:

  • Dog licenses
    Click here for information about licensing your dog and to download an application.
  • Handicap parking permits
Town of Ithaca residents who are eligible may apply for a special parking permit at Town Hall. Your completed application  must be certified by a physician or accompanied by a prescription from a physician. Applicants must also bring photo ID.

  • Marriage licenses
Couples wishing to get married in New York State must apply in person at any town or city clerk’s office.   See Getting Married in New York State for information. Click here for a list of marriage officiants in Tompkins County.

  • Domestic partnership registration
    Couples may apply in person at the town clerk’s office for a Certificate of Domestic Partnership.     See the instruction for details.
  • Noise permits
    Noise permits are required for events where amplified sound will be used. Please call the clerk’s office if you are unsure whether you’ll need a permit for your event. Click here for an application.

Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Requests

Click here for information about requesting official town records.

The Ithaca Town Board has adopted the MU-1 Records Retention and Disposition Schedule prepared and issued by the New York State Archives.

West Hill Community Garden

Garden applications are available here.

Town Hall Room Reservations

Town Hall facilities may be used on an occasional basis by non-profit groups and organizations.  Click here for an application and instructions.

Payments of Tax Bills and Water Bills

Residents can pay tax and water bills in person at the clerk’s counter.

Board/Committee Application